"Too much of anything is bad"
Dogs just can't eat anything and everything. They have their own limitations. Just like we do. Here I have a few things that you shouldn't give to your dogs out of love even if he/she makes the cutest puppy eyes of all time.
1. Chocolate- Many people don't know that chocolate is harmful for dogs.
A small amount of chocolate will probably only give your dog an upset stomach with vomiting or diarrhea. With large amounts, theobromine can produce muscle tremors, seizures, an irregular heartbeat, internal bleeding or a heart attack. The onset of theobromine poisoning is usually marked by severe hyperactivity.
K that's creepy.....I love chocolate to the death and I wish I could let Angel taste the rich, creamy, delicious taste of it. But if you really want your dog alive, I suggest that you don't give him/her chocolate.
2. Spicy food - Spicy food is another dangerous food for dogs. It is not as dangerous as chocolate but it's still better not to give to them. Some dogs are more tolerant of spicy food than the others but usually it gives stomach pain and diarrhea. Sometimes it gives gas and excessive thirst too. Too much might even give them kidney stones. One day, while cooking, a huge red chilly fell on the kitchen floor. If you know Angel well, you will know that the kitchen is her home and she will never leave it. EVER. She waits for opportunities like this so that she can have some yummy snacks fallen on the floor. So one day a huge red chilly fell on the floor. Yeah. You know what happened next. She pounced on it and ate the whole thing. I was worried about her health but she showed no symptoms. Thankfully.
3. Citrus items - Your dog can actually enjoy items like juicy oranges but if too much is given then its not healthy. Orange peels should not be given to them as it's hard to digest and can cause intestinal blockage.
They surely cannot eat grapefruit as it causes vomiting, diarrhea and depression.
Angel never eats lemons even if you give it to her as she hates the smell of it.
4. Caffeine - Just like chocolate, caffeine is harmful for dogs. A few laps of coffee or tea is fine but if your dog swallows a handful of coffee beans or a few tea bags then it might cause harm and it's better if you just take him/her to the vet if it happens.
Angel loves chocolate. She always sits in front of me making the cutest puppy-dog eyes ever everytime I eat chocolate. But I never give any to her.
5. Onions, garlic and chives - Eating these vegetables and herbs can cause anemia. Onions are toxic and the symptoms usually occur only a few days after your dog has eaten it.
But if your has consumed a lot of it, better to contact your vet immediately. Also, don't give any food items that contain onions, garlic or chives.
6. Alcohol - Alcohol can cause intoxication. Signs are vomiting, excessive panting and high body temperature. Dogs with alcohol intoxication must be monitored by vets until it is cured. It can cause organ failures and sometimes even death.
7. Other food - Other food that are not good for dogs are avocados, which cause stomach upsets, some nuts and diary products.
Some dogs are allergic to specific products so it's better to contact your vet if you see any symptoms.
Hope you found this post helpful. Meet you soon. BYE!
Know more about what dog food is best for your dog here.