Ever wished that you wanted to be free from your congested and cramped locality and all you needed was an open space where you could enjoy and have fun with your dog? Well....your wish has come true! I have taken my golden retriever, Angel, to all these places and keep going there during my holidays.
I have listed below 5 great pet friendly places you can visit with your dog if you are in Bangalore.
1. Petcart Nest - So far, this is my favorite pet resort. We had gone for the opening ceremony of the first dog resort in India (Petcart.com) and as it was the inauguration we got to spend the day there for free! Everything is so amazing. I always wanted to open a dog resort when I grew up and now I know how a good dog resort should be. They are coming up with a cafe too but for now there is a small food truck that provides food and snacks for humans as well as dogs. They also have a pool where you can swim with your dog. The only disadvantage is that it is a little far away from where I live but that's okay.
Where - Survey no 136, 18, Sarjapur Main Rd, V. Kallahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka
2. Dog Park at the Elephant pond - Even this dog park is amazing! The area used to be a forest and the pond there was used by elephants as a watering hole, and thus the name. I actually feel sad that the 'forest' was civilized and made into a dog park, but we can't do anything about that. This was the first time Angel actually swam! She just randomly jumped/fell into the water. I was shocked and started to call her back and thought she would drown. That's when I think she realized that she could swim, and she was off! The place has an open off leash area too where your pooch can run around and there's a agility track for the dogs too. There is also a small food center where you get basic food stuff like snacks, but you have to order beforehand, and it is only open on Saturdays and Sundays. Check out the video from my visit below.
Where- Ragihalli State Forest, Karnataka
3. Slate cafe - Actually this doesn't have any open area and it is just a building in the city but it is till awesome. We just ended up finding it when we went to 'Daily Bread' to buy a cake. When we reached there, we found Slate Cafe in place of Daily Bread. It looked pretty from outside so we went to have a look and we got to know that it is pet-friendly! Whoop! Whoop! We instantly went inside. It serves food for dogs and humans, and it also has books for book-lovers! All the things I love - Food, Dogs and books! What more can you ask for!
Where - Door No. 135, 15th Cross Rd, Dollar Layout, JP Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
4. Turahalli Forest - If you like being in the wild and don't want any civilization around you, just trees and trees, then this is the place for you. It is a hilly terrain, and it is a conserved forest. It is an amazing place where you can go and hike with dogs. People go walking there every morning and take their dogs along with them. I have literally seen so many dogs when we go hiking with my friends and their dogs. I know it is called 'forest', but there are no wild animals, but there are peacocks though. I always wanted to see them, but I have only heard them. It is said that it is the only surviving forest in Bangalore. Now the government has restricted entry to the place. You may try your luck on weekends when the gates are sometimes open early in the morning for public.
Where - Turahalli Forest, Bangalore, Karnataka
5. TAB: Take a break - This is actually a normal cafe for humans, but they do allow dogs inside. But the food.....OMG! It is A-mazing!! Rainbow cakes to lemon tarts to cold coffee. You get all the yummy stuff! The only downside is that you can't leave your dog off leash here. They can just sit beside you and drool. :-) There is no special menu for dogs, but there are many things like bread sticks or a slice of cake that you can give them.
Where - 15th Cross Rd, 5th Phase, JP Nagar, Bengaluru
These are the places I love going to with Angel to have fun. I'm sure you will like them too. So pack your bags, leash your dog, call some friends and set off to one of these places this summer to have fun with your dear pet!