This travelogue is from an old trip even before I started my Youtube channel Damsel and Angel, (video at the end of the page) but I thought I'll put it up. We had been on a long drive and a short trip to Stream of Joy in Sakleshpur near Mangalore, Karnataka. It is a small homestay accommodation kind of place with basic amenities but is awesome in the monsoon. The drive through Shiradi ghats is simply mesmerizing in rains save for the traffic but who cares, just enjoy the nature. Also we chose a small homestay accommodation as we wanted to experience nature and stay in the midst of trees and nature on the banks of a river. And we really got want we wanted and expected!!! The food there was really very simple and homely but good enough. I got to taste many new local cuisine. I liked them and had my mom even start making them for me ;-) back home. Let me tell you a few things I did there:
Check out my monsoon video: Pehli Baarish - Summer Rains in India - Premonsoon Showers
Activities (ways to enjoy):
1. We went bird watching and we saw many beautiful birds I had never seen ever!!! Mr. Kashinath Damle, the owner of the estate, is also an avid birder and he knew the names and identified so many birds I can't even remember. We also had a bird book along with us for ease. But we could take any photos as we didn't have a camera with us.
2. We went exploring the estate which was full of trees of areca nut and many other trees. Since it was monsoon, we found many mushroom all over the estate. We went searching for fungi! There were loads of fungi!
3. We went to the river which was long and rocky. I had an adventurous time there walking and hiking on the rocky terrain, it was fun and thrilling. There was a small but strong waterfall there which was so loud that we couldn't hear each other!
4. Angel was going crazy, since it was a new place and doing crazy things like picking up stones!!! We both picked up different sizes of stones in the estate and I helped Angel pick them up and gnaw on them. LoL
5. Temples: We visited a temple close by where there was this river flowing. In this river, there were 100's no...1000's of fishes which we fed with puffed rice. It was such an exciting activity.
6. We just lazed in the cottage and the swing, and when we were tired of lazing, we went to the banks of the river where there was a raft which we took for a small ride. It was so much fun!
See the video below for the visual delight. Hope you like this video, and subscribe to my channel.
How to reach: It is located between Sakleshpur and Dharmasthala. http://www.streamofjoy.com/how_to_reach.html
Stream of Joy
Peradelu House, Hathyadka Village,
Belthangady Taluk, Arasinamakki,
My another monsoon video is a feast for eyes: Monsoon in India