This is a 3 ingredient dog treats recipe using:
1. De-seeded or seedless watermelon - About 2 cups
2. Soy milk (unsweetened and unflavoured - 1/2 tetrapak or 100 ml
3. Honey - One tablespoon.
The popsicle silicone mould - you could use silicone chocolate moulds instead if you do not get popsicle moulds.
1. Cut the watermelon into pieces and puree it in a juicer grinder. Make sure you have removed the seeds before hand. A juicer will automatically seperate out the seeds. Just make sure not to run the juicer too long.
2. Add soy milk and honey and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour carefully in the silicone mould and freeze. Voila!! Your yummy simple homemade watermelon popsicles are ready for your doggie to enjoy!!!
This Sunday was so lazy because it was raining heavily and outdoors was so wet that I couldn't go out to play. Angel couldn't go out for a walk either. So I thought I would do something to keep both of us happy. I found a watermelon in the fridge and I came up with an idea to make watermelon popsicles as a frosty treat for Angel!!! Homemade dog treats are always fun to make, and they are healthy dog treats too. Watermelon popsicles are all natural dog treats and hence completely safe and Angel loves them too. I tried to figure out how to make frozen dog treats on google and also on youtube. I found quite a few dog treat recipes. I found that fruit dog treats are very common and very simple to make. This simple homemade reciple uses watermelon for the popsicles along with soy milk and honey (optional). I used soy milk instead of coconut milk that I found on youtube. Soy is commonly used in many dog food kibbles for puppies and adult dogs. Also soy milk is used as a diary substitute and is considered pretty safe according to ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®). However, it is better to be used in moderation. Also, many dogs may be allergic to dogs and hence needs to be used with caution. I figured Angel, my golden retriever, being a large dog will need about half of a mid sized watermelon. Below is the list:
Hope you liked this recipe and I am sure, you will also be tempted to make a yummy ice treats for your dog. I am sure your dog will thank you for it. Enjoy!