Do you have a hyper puppy or a hyper dog? Does he seem to be crazy at times? He won't stop jumping, biting and playing? Hyperactive puppies have a lot of energy and they need exercise and attention, but they also need to learn to settle down and stop playing when you as them to.
We realized that most if not all puppies have certain time-table of such hyperactivity and they grow out of it soon.
How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan is an awesome book if you need to learn some basic techniques on dog training and bringing up your cute puppy.
Some positive methods to calm a dog down (hyper puppy training) is:
1. Stay calm yourself - a calm leader commands a calm dog!
2. Ignore - for the most part this activity. Positive attention will result in a bad dog.
3. Since you will come to expect a "time table" for your puppy's hyperactivity, be prepared - All of the household needs to be calm without much evident active action or talking.
4. Give some time - puppy needs to vent out its energy.
5. Energy reminds me - Is your puppy well exercised? Could he do with a bit more of running during the day?
6. Reward a calm puppy - once the puppy is settled, still staying calm, give a small bit of treat. Soon puppy will realize calmness means treat.
7. Later add the word command of something like "settle" or "calm" along with the treat. Remember do this after the dog is calm and not before.
8. Pratice - slowly changing your command timing from after to during to just before she gets hyper.
9. Finally give your puppy some time to grow up. She will settle down as she grows without any repercussions and a more obedient dog following your command.
10. Keep trying and training :-)
SEE AN UPDATED VIDEO HERE