Angel is my golden retriever and there are a few things that I thought you would like to know, so I wrote a blog on the interesting facts about her that you did not know.
1. Angel is a pure-breed Golden Retriever and we got her 6-years ago.
2. When we went to the breeder to get a dog, there were only 2 puppies - A male and a female. We got the female a.k.a. Angel.
3. Angel's original name was Ruby.
4. Angel presently is 37 kg and is the biggest golden retriever in our housing complex (She is the biggest female golden retriever that I have actually ever seen!)
5. When she is hungry, she comes to us and stares at us, but when we put food in her bowl, she goes out and sits for sometime. Only then she comes and eats it.
6. She is very excitable but has a very low energy.
7. She sheds quite a lot but only couple of times a year, and we need to comb her almost everyday.
Check out the dog grooming tools dog comb, undercoat rake and nail clippers we use for her - here.
8. She used to hate swimming and also taking baths as a puppy, but now she is an expert swimmer.
9. She is a foodie and likes human food more than pet food.
10. She is active and likes playing only after 8:30 pm (after her dinner). During this time, we play fetch with her in our house and I train her for some tricks and obedience.
11. She is very flexible in terms of time. She doesn't wake us up in the morning, but waits patiently until we take her for a walk.
12. When she wants something and is irritated, she has this weird way of barking- she barks once, lifts her right paw up. barks again, lifts her other front paw up. It's as if she is doing a synchronized paw dance :-)
Learn about what dog treats we give her
13. She loves eating grass. (she is a grass-eating donkey) Just kidding;-)
14. The first day we got her, she was so scared and anxious that she fell sick and started vomiting. She even went under the bed and would not come out for an hour until we pulled her out.
15. I had initially planned on naming her Candy but ended up calling her Angel. This is because when my friends came home to meet my new puppy, they asked me what I had named her and I said she is like an Angel, and so the name stuck.
16. She is so lazy that she is becoming fat (unless we give her treats to play) ;-)
17. She has so many other weird names and the weird part is that she responds to all of them!
eg: Ange-peenjee, Ange-peenjel, Ange-googegoo, grass eating donkey and so many more.
18. Lots of kids come to our house to pet and play with Angel and spend time with her.
19. Usually on walks, she does not spot cats, but when we say the word, she realizes and starts chasing it!
20.She hates the tick treatment and if she smells it, she runs away.